If there's one thing Paula Deen was right about, it's that there's no replacement for butter. No oil, no soy spread, and no crock of bull$#*t will ever replace the dairy cow's gift to us: butter.
I am absolutely crazy about Kerrygold's Garlic and Herb Butter. I could put it on everything. Unfortunately, since moving to New York I haven't seen it anywhere; not to mention, it only comes in one-stick packages and I need like 1000! My solution? This 5-ingredient whipped herb butter. Garlic, chives, parsley, lemon, salt. This herb butter can go on bread, steak, pasta, fish, and even your fingers (seriously, I encourage you to taste test). It comes together in a pinch, thanks to my food processor. Enjoy!
- 2 standard sticks (or 16 oz) unsalted butter
- 16 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 c bunched chives
- 1 c parsley leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt, to taste
- Make sure butter is soft enough so that it can be easily whipped
- In a food processor or high-power blender, combine the lemon juice, garlic, chives, parsley, and a splash of water
- Add butter to your machine, one stick at a time, scraping the sides if needed be
- Store in an air-tight jar or plastic container. It should keep fresh for as long as the package of butter suggests!