Inspired by a recent overpriced and over indulgent lobster Cobb I had during a work lunch, this is a deconstructed grilled shrimp version. Enjoy!
- 1 romaine lettuce heart
- 8-10 large shrimp
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1 avocado (get the teeny tiny avocados from Trader Joe’s if you can find them)
- 5-7 grape tomatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Green Goddess dressing - makes 2 cups
- 1 bunch flat parsley
- 1 bunch cilnatro
- 3 stalks green onions
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp white Modena vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Throw together the dressing first. This’ll give it time to refrigerate and for all the lovely flavors to marinate. In a high-powered blender or food processor, blend all the ingredients until your desired smoothness. I like my mine kind of chunky, entirely up to you!
- Tail, peel, and de-vein your shrimp if necessary. In a large bowl, coat them in the lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until the end.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Boil the two eggs for as little as 5 minutes (soft boil) or as long as 12 minutes (hard boil). Rinse the, under cold water and carefully peel them.
- On a grill or in a grill pan set to medium-high, fry up the bacon strips for 5-7 minutes on each side. If you’re using a grill pan, this rendered bacon fat will come in handy.
- At the same time, grill the split avocado and the grape tomatoes for 5 minutes tops or until the tomatoes sizzle and burst (it’s OK if they do, just be cafeful)
- Slice the heart of romaine in half and grill it for 5 minutes without flipping.
- Last but not least, throw the shrimp on the grill. They will cook fairly quickly so don’t take your eyes off them! 3 minutes each side or until they’ve got some char.
- Assemble salad as follows: romaine, bacon, shrimp, avocado, eggs, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, dressing. Bon appetit!