"THICK THIGHS SAVE LIVES."
Juicy. Fresh. Tender. Filling. Fast. Just a few ways to describe this chicken dish. Quick weeknight dinners don’t have to be boring and bland with the help of some herbs. Defrost that chicken (no seriously do it because if you live alone nobody else will) and break out the cast iron skillet. Let’s get to work. Warning: if you're scared of using fresh herbs because you don't know what to expect, just know you'll be happy by dinner's end. And if you don't have thyme, substitute with herbs you do have or enjoy!
Time: 30ish minutes
Healthy? Pat yourself on the back.
- 2 boneless chicken thighs
- 6 oz cauliflower florets
- 6 oz broccoli florets
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon safflower oil (or butter if you get down like that)
- fresh thyme
- fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a cast-iron or all-metal skillet with a tablespoon of oil or butter.
- In the skillet, arrange the chicken thighs in the middle, with the broccoli and cauliflower around the thighs.
- Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper and garnish the chicken with herbs and garlic. Be generous!
- Place directly in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Your kitchen is going to smell really good. Eat slow. White wine.