Really good pesto is a game changer. That perfect blend of bright green, nuttiness, and richness? Paired with some eggs? Mind-blowing, people. My perfect day would most definitely start off with some pesto-scrambled eggs and an endless-refill coffee. Pesto scramble is my go-to breakfast on lazy Sunday mornings, but it's also a great filling breakfast when you're in a pinch. In 5 steps, you've got a fancy-ass breakfast.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 tbsp pesto - I picked up this great pesto from the farmers market this weekend!
- 1 tbsp milk or cream
- Parmesan, for grating
- 8-10 grape tomatoes
- Beat eggs together with the milk in a bowl.
- Melt the butter or ghee in a skillet on medium-low
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and let it sit for 2 minutes, then stir the eggs around into a soft scramble.
- Stir the pesto into the eggs, turn the heat off, and then stir in the tomatoes. (Cooking them for too long makes them burst and you don’t want that for this recipe)
- Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.