Eat em with steak, eat em with fish, eat em with forks, or chopsticks, or nothing at all. These cold and refreshing ramen noodles are gonna be your go-to side dish all summer.
- 4 packs dried or fresh ramen noodles
- 1 c chopped scallions
- 1/4 c light sesame oil
- 1/4 c mirin (rice wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 shallot chopped finely
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil and cook the ramen according to the package instructions
- When you strain the noodles, reserve a little water and place them in a bowl to be refrigerated.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, mirin, soy sauce, shallots, garlic, honey, sesame seeds, and the ginger. cover and refrigerate immediately.
- After about 30 minutes or when the noodles and vinaigrette are cold, carefully toss the noodles in the dressing.
- Serve with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.