2 women. 3 days. 6 bottles of wine. 1 tiny house.
Viewing entries tagged
how to travel
Every time I stay at an Airbnb, I factor in a few things in making my decision on where to lay my head over the weekend.
Vacation is so much more then getting on a plane and going somewhere. It's a mindset. It's in your spirit. You have to live it. Aside from accommodations, what to do, and where to eat, it's important to know these 5 things you must do on vacation. Every. Single. Trip.
- Only enjoy the presence of others. If you didn't take a solo trip, chances you're with someone you love, friends, or family. Don't bicker, don't hold grudges (I am so guilty), and let things go before they ruin your trip.
- De-stress from school and work. As far as your co-workers are concerned you are without cell service and access to email, even if you aren't. Take advantage of this time to answer to nobody except yourself.
- Never sweat the small stuff I'm not kidding when I tell you I witnessed a married couple almost divorce on the spot over a beach chair...on Valentine's Day. I eventually gave up my chair for them in hopes of saving their vacation and possibly their marriage 😎. Don't be them. I'm a Type A so I understand it's hard to let go of the things we can't control. Just remember, whatever you do, don't be that couple.
- Find joy in every moment I see the neatest things that I never slow down to notice on working days. Sunrises. Fresh cut grass. The beauty marks on my face. Slow it down...
- Be present If you take anything from this post let it be this. I beg of you, put the phone down and shut the laptop. I cringe when I see families or couples at dinner in vacation spots and everyone has eyes glued to the screen. I am absolutely without a doubt addicted to my phone, but with the exception of snapping photos and 1 or 2 reflective posts a day, I keep the phone usage to a minimum. Someone needs to conduct a study that correlates phone usage with unmemorable trips, cause it is SO real.
Enjoy each moment, you'll never get them back.