You'd be surprised what you can pack into 48 hours. As I travel more for work I anticipate more weekend trips, so I'm hoping to make posts like this a regular thing. 2 days in a city is never enough time but it's enough time to see the highlights and decide if it's worth returning. If you get the opportunity to have one weekend in London I hope you consider seeing some of the great things I did!
My London Favorites in no particular order:
- London Bridge
- Borrough Market
- The Christmas Markets (once a year for a month!)
- The National Portrait Gallery
- The Tate Modern Museum
- Oxford Street shopping
- Buy a day pass for the Tube (the underground train). You'll save a lot! I had to learn that the hard way buying one-time passes all day.
- Have a good idea of what you want to see so you can plan your route accordingly
- Take the L and wear tennis shoes. Doesn't mean they don't have to be cute! But leave the heels at home or you're gonna have a bad time.
- Come on an empty stomach and snack all day instead of sitting down for meals. There's so much street food to be enjoyed!
- Shop last! Who wants to carry shopping bags the entire day?
- Experience of the historic overground train stations for yourself. Wow. Movies.
- Some say London is the NYC of England, but I got a DC feel.
See the world!