Watch out, Sweetgreen. Kidding, well, kinda. $15 for a salad is something I allow myself to do once a week, tops! For all the other days I’m craving well-dressed chopped goodness, I have this Tuscan kale chopped salad with sweet basil vinaigrette -- and now, so do you!
Serves: One. Time: 30 minutes at most.
- 1 c fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 c cold water
- 1/3 c white vinegar
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 c shredded and chopped Lacinto (also labeled: dinosaur or Tuscan) kale
- 1/4 c grated or shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 oz (4 thin slices) Genoa salami
- 5-7 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the dressing ingredients, then chill and store immediately (preferably in an air-tight jar for freshness)
- Roast the whole tomatoes for 10 minutes on a sheet pan with just a sprinkling of salt
- In a large bowl, layer the kale, chopped shallots, cheese, and salami that has been chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- Plop the tomatoes on the salad and drizzle liberally with the vinaigrette.
If you liked this salad and you're tryna get your veggie on, check out these recipes too:
- Grilled Shrimp Cobb
- Shrimp Salad with Sesame-Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Shrimp BLT Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes